Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Htaccess

Hi Friends,

Please help me.
    How to write htaccess in mvc?

My folder structure is listed below.

admin (main folder).

admin -> models,views,controllers

I need to change pagename (www.example.com/admin/views/products.php) to www.example.com/category.php or www.example.com/category.

Thanks & Regards
    Sarath_PHP
    S
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Um, why on earth would you want www.example.com/category to point to the admin category template? Shouldn't that be www.example.com/admin/category pointing to the controller of the category admin?

Either way, it doesn't make a lot of sense to manually add every single rewrite to the .htaccess. What you want is a router script: Redirect every non-existent URL to a central script which takes care of instantiating the right controller:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule . /main.php [L]
    The actual routing can be done with a framework like klein.php. Or you write that part yourself.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo