1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Issues with installing SSL

Hi

I have a hard time setting up SSL! I manage my accounts from WHM. In accounts list where I see list of domains I click Cpanel and takes me to the cpanel of that domain.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the certificate from GoDaddy.Com, but the manual in the site doesn't make sense. The Godady manual says:

Open the WebHost Manager and click Activate your SSL Certificate in the SSL/TLS menu.

You will see a screen with three boxes on it. Your issued certificate, RSA private key and certificate bundle must be pasted into boxes 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

In the first box, paste in the contents of your issued SSL certificate. If the certificate file is on your server, you may use the Fetch button to copy it from the file.

In the second box, paste in your private key which was generated when you created the CSR.

In the third box, paste in the certificate bundle. At the top of the page click Do it.
    But in Cpanel I dont have these options, instead I have:
    SSL/TLS Manager

The SSL/TLS Manager will allow you to generate ssl certificates, signing requests, and keys. These are all parts of using SSL to secure your website. SSL allows you to secure pages on your site so that information such as logins, credit card numbers, etc are sent encrypted instead of plain text. It is important to secure your site's login areas, shopping areas, and other pages where sensitive information could be sent over the web.

Private Keys (KEY)

Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys.

Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)

Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.

Certificates (CRT)

Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
    Can someone please guide!

Thanks
    Last edited by zxcvbnm; June 5th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

Hopefully you should have all privatekey, certificate and the CA cert from godaddy with you. You should just need to paste the certificate and CA in the place in your Cpanel. If you have any difficulty doing so, please send it your your host, and they should certainly help (hope you have a dedicated IP already).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo