1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have a script running in a subdirectory to my main cgi-bin directory. I would like to password protect it using standard methods (HTPassword, etc).

However, when I password protect it, the script is not able to post (at least multipart) forms to the program...

Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks,

Ryan
  3. No Profile Picture

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryanh:
    I have a script running in a subdirectory to my main cgi-bin directory. I would like to password protect it using standard methods (HTPassword, etc).

However, when I password protect it, the script is not able to post (at least multipart) forms to the program...

Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks,

Ryan
    [/quote]

It is not a good practice to put your CGI script in the Doc Root for security reasons. You should move your script above the Doc Root level where it cannot be accessed from the browser.
    If you insist on having your CGI on the Doc Root, you should use the "Directory" or the "location" directive in apache.conf file to stop your script being viewed.
    If you password protect the directory with htpasswd (.htaccess) the client will have to provide a password to post to any script in that directory.

Moh'd

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think you missed my point. that's okay. thanks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo