1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Subdomain, Virtual Host and mod_proxy

Hi
    I have a home web server running Ubuntu 11.04 and Apache 2.2.17.

Recently, I was able to setup a subdomain - beth.rightintoit.net successfully, and run a web page from /var/www/beth

I found a site about Webmin in a Virtual Host via a Proxy . I tried to follow the instructions to set this up.
    This required enabling/installing mod_proxy. I think I used
    Code:
    $ sudo a2enmod proxy

The problems I have now are:

1. When I go to http://beth.rightintoit.net, it loads the default page from /var/www/index.html, rather than /var/www/beth/index.html
    2. I put a phpinfo.php into /var/www/beth/ to try to see if mod_proxy was enabled. Now, if I try to call that, I get a 404 - page not found error.

I assume the problems are associated with a ****-up in my configuration of mod_proxy - cos that's all that's changed since it last worked.

Any advice?

3. Also, in the configuration of webmin to run via the proxy, it says the webmin config should have referer=apachehost. I changed that to referer=rightintoit.net - did I interpret that correctly?

Appreciate any advice!!
    3. With regard
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It's difficult to really see what would be the problem without seeing your configuration.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    It's difficult to really see what would be the problem without seeing your configuration.
    Thanks. A re-install got stiff back working.
    I'll leave mod_proxy till I know what I'm doing to avoid security problems.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo