Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi, I'm having a similar problem cant install Apache as a module. I made the php5ts.dll available by adding my php directory to the path, same for my php.ini i added it as PHPRC environment variable and it looks like is working fine. But after adding the lines
    Code:
    LoadModule php5_module "C:/Server/PHP/php5apache2.dll"
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    when i try to star apache i get an error that said
    Code:
    The Apache service named  reported the following error:
    >>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 486 of C:/Server/Apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Server/PHP/php5apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found.
    For some reason is not finding the php5apache2.dll but it is in that directory, i try chaging directories but i get same error. Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by soyunlocofl
    Hi, I'm having a similar problem cant install Apache as a module. I made the php5ts.dll available by adding my php directory to the path, same for my php.ini i added it as PHPRC environment variable and it looks like is working fine. But after adding the lines
    Code:
    LoadModule php5_module "C:/Server/PHP/php5apache2.dll"
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    when i try to star apache i get an error that said
    Code:
    The Apache service named  reported the following error:
    >>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 486 of C:/Server/Apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Server/PHP/php5apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found.
    For some reason is not finding the php5apache2.dll but it is in that directory, i try chaging directories but i get same error. Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance.
    Please help, I am having this problem now. How do we fix it?
  5. (retired)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Does php5apache2.dll exist in that directory?
  7. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you are using the very latest Apache version, 2.2.2? then it won't work. There are hacks to get it to work, but the easiest way is to install an earlier version of Apache 2

Cheers,
    Jamie

>_ skiFFie ? | Twitter

Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end
    to the flowing stream of the blood and tears .....
    Please hear my anguished words of truth.

9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Question I'm having the same problem with apache 2.0.58

Wow, seems like I'm not alone with this problem!

I had tried installing Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 5, but got the error the other people who posted in this thread are talking about. So I decided to try an earlier version of both Apache and PHP (Apache 2.0.58 and PHP 4.4.2), and I still got the same message when I restarted Apache!

The php4apache2.dll file is right where it should be, in the directory where Apache is stating that it is not found.

Really frustrating. I'm using the instructions in a book to do this, and it is using Apache 2.0.47 and PHP 4.3.4, but neither of these seem to be downloadable anymore.

Also, I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2, if that means anythng.

Is there any significance that all of the other modules in httpd.conf end with "so" and not "dll"?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey, I was on #apache on irc.freenode.org, and I asked about this. A kind soul there gave me this link to try:

http://iamcode.net:64//projects/apache/php-win

I am about to try it now. I just thought I'd pass on this link now, since this thread has been read over a thousand times....

Comments on this post

• SimonGreenhill agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

Cool

Originally Posted by Miaow
    Hoi. I decided to reply since I'm getting a fair number hits from this thread for my PHP and Apache 2.2 on Windows guide...

My guide is meant specifically to resolve the issue the original poster had, so please, by all means, visit it. It seems to take most people 5-10 minutes to get up and running with PHP, following it.

I've gotten very little feedback from that guide, even though it's had MANY users since I put it up in response to Apache 2.2.2 being released with a Windows installer. So, if you have any input regarding it (positive or negative), please feel free to email me; my contact information is in the Conclusion section of the guide:

http://www.iamcode.net/projects/apac...win#Conclusion

For problems with it, you can either find me on irc.freenode.net in #apache, or you can email me. Either way, I try to help. But please keep in mind that I am not being paid for this, so my response time may vary. So, updates tend to happen very sporadically.

I didn't want to hijack the thread or anything, but since I'm getting plenty of visitors since the link was posted, I wanted to make sure people know that the author is accessible if problems arise.

Comments on this post

• Miaow agrees : Thank you so much for putting up that page!
    • peenie agrees : Hey, perfect, glad I came to this thread. :D
  15. No Profile Picture

Can't load/find phpapache2.dll

Hello All,

This may help you.

"Take care to use either php4apache2.dll or php5apache2.dll in your LoadModule directive and not php4apache.dll or php5apache.dll as the latter ones are designed to run with Apache 1.3.x."

Check out this page : http://us3.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php

You can go to the following URL and download an appropriate DLL for Apache 2.2.x:

http://apachelounge.com/

Regards and best wishes,

Spicy Curry Papa.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Doesn't Fix My Problem

All,

I downloaded and ran the XAMPP solution suggested in the link and my problem still exists. I got a PM from another person about editing the registry for ext >>.php<< to run find/search on PHP files, so jumped into regedit and found I do not have a definition for >>.php<<

How do I add that and get around my problem?

OMR
  19. No Profile Picture

Solved error: Cant Load php5apache2.dll (php-5.1.4-Win32.zip with the apache 2.2.2)

If u are using php extracted from php-5.1.4-Win32.zip with the apache 2.2.2, then u must do exactly the instructions shown in the url posted by miaow (hosted by lewellyn). What i mean is you MUST reinstall the php using the win32 package stated in that website (which is php5.2-win32-200607050230.zip after u saved it into ur pc). My problem solved once i load the module php5apache2_2.dll in the inzziped php5 folder instead of php5apache2.dll (original php-5.1.4-Win32.zip does not provide php5apache2_2.dll). Thanks alot to miaow for posting the URL here and lewellyn for providing the solution.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Still Fighting

All,

Still fighting this! Had to undo all the XAMPP bullkrap as it did bad things to my machine and would not install where I told it to go. Anyway, I installed Apache (2.0.55) and PHP (5.1.4) on Win2K. Localhost was working and now, without changing anything I now keep getting:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.4 Server at localhost Port 80
    I was always getting a SAVEor OPEN dialog before on .php files so was coming back to address that when I found this error.

Need to get this going as I have code to write.

Thanks!

OMR
  23. No Profile Picture

Solution

I was found this solution from other forum and the solution is download phpsnap version.

http://snaps.php.net/

Download the stable version. Unzip it and overide to your current php folder.

You will see php5apache2_2.dll inside your /php folder. Rename it to php5apache2.dll after you delete the previous php5apache2.dll.

Hope tis work.
  25. No Profile Picture

Angry So Angry!!!

I have a project I want to do using apache, php and mysql but think I'm going to have to give up seeing as I CAN'T EVEN INSTALL THE SOFTWARE!!!!

I am so angry with this whole installation c*ck-up. I have tried to get it all up and running on about 5 different occasions now and it's never worked. As far as I'm concerned right now, it's sh*t! I must have wasted at least half a day of my life trying to get this software running and I think I'm going to have to give up before I smash something up with rage.

I think the only way I'm going to bother is if someone develops a windows installation package.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by yellowplanet
    I have a project I want to do using apache, php and mysql but think I'm going to have to give up seeing as I CAN'T EVEN INSTALL THE SOFTWARE!!!!

I am so angry with this whole installation c*ck-up. I have tried to get it all up and running on about 5 different occasions now and it's never worked. As far as I'm concerned right now, it's sh*t! I must have wasted at least half a day of my life trying to get this software running and I think I'm going to have to give up before I smash something up with rage.

I think the only way I'm going to bother is if someone develops a windows installation package.
    Sorry, but I can't sympathise with your rant. Nor will anyone else, especially because when installing a webserver and database server, people assume you have a certain level of competence with computers.

Step 1) Tell us what you tried. What files did you download? Did you download the windows installation for apache? Compile from source for PHP? Etc.
    Step 2) Tell us what went wrong. Give us observations. "Opening up localhost in my webbrowser showed such and such error" and so on.
    Step 3) Tell us what you tried to resolve it. Obviously, Google should play a part in it.
    Step 4) Finally, state what you need help with in the end.

It isn't too hard to do. If all of this is above and beyond you, then don't act so arrogant, realise that part of the fault may be you, and humbly listen to our advice. And if you can't do that, don't expect sincere help.
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Oler1s
    Sorry, but I can't sympathise with your rant. Nor will anyone else, especially because when installing a webserver and database server, people assume you have a certain level of competence with computers.

Step 1) Tell us what you tried. What files did you download? Did you download the windows installation for apache? Compile from source for PHP? Etc.
    Step 2) Tell us what went wrong. Give us observations. "Opening up localhost in my webbrowser showed such and such error" and so on.
    Step 3) Tell us what you tried to resolve it. Obviously, Google should play a part in it.
    Step 4) Finally, state what you need help with in the end.

It isn't too hard to do. If all of this is above and beyond you, then don't act so arrogant, realise that part of the fault may be you, and humbly listen to our advice. And if you can't do that, don't expect sincere help.
    I've calmed down now. Sorry about the rant, it's just that I've gone round and round in circles trying to just get the software installed.

I've never used PHP, Apache or mysql. I have made "static" websites before and when I mentioned that I was looking at trying to get a Pool League website up and running to a "programmer" friend, he suggested PHP and Mysql. So I don't even know yet if I'm going to be able to learn how to do what I want because I haven't been able to get started.

I will make some notes and come back to you.

Again, sorry for the stupid rant.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo