1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Htaccess help please

I've tried a few different ways of writing a .htaccess file, found online, but can't get them to do what I want. I'm no web developer, so need to some expert help...

I have a lot of folders at the root of my website, one of which contains my Wordpress site.

At the moment, I use meta refresh in the index.html file to take visitors to my wordpress site.

I've tried using .htaccess in the root folder, redirecting visitors from the index.html file to the Wordpress folder, but it messes up the links to other folders, like my other blog, a folder and a subdomain. If I enter the URLs for pages in those folders, the visitor gets redirected to my Wordpress site.

Could someone tell me what I can put in the .htaccess file, please? It needs to ignore all folders and just take visitors to my Wordpress site.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Search the wordpress help documentations, one time I saw a doc chapter describing how to transparently set up wordpress in a subdirectory.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks

Thanks, it works!

codex wordpress org Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
  7. No Profile Picture

Thought I'd just update this thread. You need to modify the WP .htaccess file in the root directory

Google for a help page on the myguysolutions website

how-to-fix-wordpress-404-errors-on-password-protected-directories/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo