1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello,

I have just set up the Apache/PHP/MySQL bundle and the test cleared. Apache starts no problem, but I seem not to be able to use PHP (and probably Mysql) unless I am connected to the internet. Can I access these with the localhost while not connected? If so, how?

Regards,

cjubenville@expressmail.net
  3. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    >>Can I access these with the localhost while not connected?

Yes

>>If so, how?

Don't expect someone will giveyou instructions in full details. Instead of telling you how, you should provide us more details.

1) Can you access to html file?
    2) How do you access to your site? What URL?
    3) Does MySQL work fine without Apache?
    4) How do you know your PHP is running fine if you are connected to the internet?
  5. No Profile Picture

I can access nothing. Apache, PHP and Mysql all start, but I wrote a PHP test script, and I don't know where to put it. I am doing this to learn, so everything is installed on my Windows 98 computer. I put the script in the www file, but no matter what I do it is saved as a .txt I am doing the web monkey tutorial and I can't say if Mysql works beyond what the dos window says, because I can't get the PHP to work. I hope this is enough.

Thanks,

7. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    >>I can access nothing

You need to put PHP and MySQL aside and get a simple HTML document to serve up in Apache in the first place. That is to say, you must start from the basic.

>>but no matter what I do it is saved as a .txt

Before saving your file, you need to select "All File (*.*)", then type the .php extension manually after the filename.

It seems you need to do some reading.
  9. No Profile Picture

I did this. I can write html, JavaScript and some perl. What file should the html be saved in? www?

11. No Profile Picture
    freebsd
    What is a www file?
    If it's a php file, then save it with your_file_name.php. If it turns out to be your_file_name.php.txt, that means you didn't select "All Files (*.*)". Still, you can always rename it to your_file_name.php.

Note, this is no longer a Apache problem, it should go to Beginner Forum.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo