1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Set IP address to point to certain domain

I have a Linux VPS, DirectAdmin as web panel and already set a domain to it. everything is OK and I can see my website in my browser using domain name.

Now I need to have access to my site using its IP address. something like http://86.57.88.29, but when I try to load my site in a browser using its IP I get below message and I have to post-fix my IP with /~admin (http://86.57.88.29/~admin) to get it work.

This IP is being shared among many domains. To view the domain you are looking for, simply enter the domain name in the location bar of your web browser.
    So how can I configure my IP to point to my public_html folder without and ~admin like phrase?

Thanks.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You can't. You would have to request an upgrade to a higher service tier that includes a dedicated IP address.

Why do you "need to have access to [your] site using its IP address" anyway?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Why do you "need to have access to [your] site using its IP address" anyway?
    There is a SMS Printer that we can configure it to access web via GPRS. but it does not accept domain name and needs destination IP address.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo