1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Apache source code change not working

Hi,

I need to make some changes to the source code of apache so when certain functions get executed I get a text file with the function called and time of execution. I have made some changes to the source code and added the necessary commands for it to work, and was able to compile successfully. But when I go to the site from another machine the files does not get generated nor writes anything. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there any configuration I need to do for it to run?

Thanks in advance.
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Depends. Have you taken any steps to debug or troubleshoot? This isn't so much an Apache thing as it is about writing code.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    Depends. Have you taken any steps to debug or troubleshoot? This isn't so much an Apache thing as it is about writing code.

No I havent debuged. Is there any tool/method you could recomend to debug apache? Becasue I searched around but found that it is pretty complicated to debug, since it executes difrently from a regular program. The code looks ok since it actually complied but not sure if I am actually running it corectly. Any recomendations?

Thanks!
  7. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Besides the debugging guide, I can't offer much. It could be as simple a problem as file permissions, or it could be something more complicated you didn't anticipate. A simple first step would be gdb and setting breakpoints, but you can also strace to see how the open/write calls to your log file(s) are executing.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Have you restarted apache for it to start with the new changes
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by prince55l
    Have you restarted apache for it to start with the new changes

Yes I reboot the machine on every change.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo