1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Slow site, not sure why?

I have a subdomain on a site
    http://www.ddf-skincare.ec-campaigns.com/index.php

when i load it up, sometimes it takes a long time, sometimes it loads up quicker! I have no idea what is going on. (there is no behind the scenes work going on i.e. it just displays images and a form!)

Other subdomains on the server are working fine so I am not sure where to go about it?

on another note, I have enabled CPU statistics can someone tell me what this line means:

username 0.66 cpu 14000k mem 0 io php53.cgi

is 0.66 a % so 66%?
    14000k, that does sound like a lot or memory or am i interpreting it wrong?
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Your site loads in some random multiple of 30 seconds: 30s, 1m, 1.5m, 2m... To the second. That can't be a coincidence.

You have mod_pagespeed enabled. What if you turn it off?

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    on another note, I have enabled CPU statistics can someone tell me what this line means:

username 0.66 cpu 14000k mem 0 io php53.cgi

is 0.66 a % so 66%?
    14000k, that does sound like a lot or memory or am i interpreting it wrong?
    I don't recognize that output format. What are you using to get those numbers?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

cheers.

I did enable the mod_page speed thing because the site was loading so slow. I have also been using YSLOW and Chrome's audit thing and improving things by caching (mainly) & few other things and the site seems to be a lot faster today..

My host allows us to see how much CPU we are using, this is just a line from the log. I guess I should ask them but i thought this might be the "standard" way..

and your comment:
    "Your site loads in some random multiple of 30 seconds: 30s, 1m, 1.5m, 2m... To the second. That can't be a coincidence."

What do you think I should do or should have done? It also happened once before for another sub-domain & again I had to enable the mod_page thing (iirc).

I am thinking surely if the page only loads few images & a form, it shouldn't take too much time so it must be the hosts? but then if other sub-domains are working fine then it cant be the hosts either?

One thing : the host servers are in USA whereas I am in the UK, not that it makes any difference i think?
  7. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

UK/USA shouldn't matter nearly that much.

Does static HTML vs PHP make a difference? Does your server access logs also say the requests are taking a long time? Has this behavior changed recently and if so has anything else changed? Have you asked your hosting provider to look into it?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo