1. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Missing Icons in Directory Listing

I've seen a handful of topics from my searches, but they all seem to be an "all or nothing" level issue. My issue is simply just "some". I assume this is a simple referencing setting/option set, but my searches just aim at the complete issue. Anyone know a way to add particular items?

Example missing: PHP JS JAR
    Page to view more: Index of /

Some work, so its just a few. I'm assuming the intent is a simple "Add" task, but I must be overlooking this. :-/

EDIT: And from my overview, it appears to have only 4 icons. Folder, Image, Text, Unknown. I truly don't need every item to be too specific. If specific, that's great, but even if PHP ended up as a text like HTML, that's fine. I guess I'm just looking how/where to make these additions/adjustments.
    Last edited by Triple_Nothing; July 23rd, 2018 at 09:52 AM.
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  3. Backwards Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Is it enough to tell you that the listing is generated by mod_autoindex?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

In my apache2.conf is where I have my <Directory //> listings. Would I simply just be adding the AddIcon listing to that? Many random examples have provided their list as such. If so, maybe I've just overlooked this on my *nix servers in the past... ^_^
    Last edited by Triple_Nothing; July 23rd, 2018 at 11:06 AM.
    He who knows not that he knows not is a fool, ignore him. He who knows that he knows not is ignorant, teach him. He who knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him. He who knows that he knows is a leader, follow him.
  7. Backwards Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The relevant part of the docs is the
    Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
    meaning it can be under the global configuration, a <VirtualHost>, a <Directory>, or simply in a .htaccess.

If you want to customize it for that directory then a <Directory> would be the way to go, but otherwise I see this as more of a server configuration thing so I'd actually stick the rules in a .conf file that gets loaded by the main httpd.conf.

Comments on this post

• Triple_Nothing agrees : Thanks! ;-)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo