Thread: ADO Error

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ADO Error

Hi I am getting the following error when I am running my dll accessing the record from the database. What's the reason and where should be the problem?

""Unknown error 0x800A0BCD" Description Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record.""

thankx in advance

Comments on this post

• Gran Roguismo agrees
  3. No Profile Picture

You're going to have to provide a little more data than that. There are literally hundreds of things it could be based on the data you provided.

dot

Comments on this post

• Gran Roguismo agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Ok. Actually what I am doing is, I am executing a query which talks to my component to generate a data sheet based on the result getting from the database. My component is designed in such a way that it will pick the registry value for the current date, run it on a daily basis and generate the data sheet. I just re-set my registry value in to previous year and re-started my component. From that point I am getting this error. Is it a problem since i changed my registry value?
  7. No Profile Picture

Sorry. Still can't help, but you can:

1. Check the query to make sure you're actually returning data e.g. while not recordset.eof, etc.

2. If you're doing an update make sure you have the correct cursor type *especially* if you do a query that returns multiple rows.

etc, etc, etc. It could still be a million things. Without the code there's not much chance that anyone will fix this one for you.

dot
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi,
    Just an update. I just checked the database. I am executing three queries on that try catch block. And for the first query it's retuning none and for the second and third quries are returning NULL values. Is this info is valuable to dig??
  11. No Profile Picture

I believe you'd experience a BOF/EOF in all 3 cases, but don't quote me.

dot

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo