1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy [ASP] Creating an E-mail Form

Hello, I have created a website form in HTML, where people are able to apply for a job in our firm. There's of course this section on our website, where there is a long list, with name, address, previous job, what can you do, etc.

WEBSITE HERE (it's in danish, but the used language is not the main-focus anyways):
    http://www.manpowerenergien.dk/ansogning.html

(I'm guessing you're able to find the HTML-script, when you're there, so I don't need to post it in here).

But, I need to create a form for this, so the e-mail becomes easy to read, whenever they send the e-mail from the website. I'm guessing I should use ASP for that.

Well, I have no idea how to go about this, creating the form in ASP, creating the ASP-document (what to call it) and making people able to ACTUALLY send their e-mails, whenever they have completed the list, to a specific address.

BOTTOM-LINE QUESTIONS:
    How do I create a ASP file, that sends all the information, that the user just typed in, to a specific E-mail-address.

How to a create a good-looking form (that almost looks like the system on the website), which the E-mail looks like, when send to me.

Thanks so much for reading and helping in advance,
    - Frederick
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There are many asp contact form scripts on the web. To gain a basic understanding of asp and email visit sites like www.w3schools.com and read up on using email objects. If it's still around take a look at www.aspin.com for downloadable asp scripts to work with.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Doug G
    There are many asp contact form scripts on the web. To gain a basic understanding of asp and email visit sites like www.w3schools.com and read up on using email objects. If it's still around take a look at www.aspin.com for downloadable asp scripts to work with.
    I have been checking w3 out, and I have been "googling" like a maniac, that's why I posted on this beloved forum.

Are you not able to help me - like - answering the questions I have problems with? If you're a very familiar with the language, ASP, then you should be able to make a form, that should send all the information gathered by the user, who wrote in his name, address, previous job, whatever, to a selected E-mail-address, shouldn't you? If you're able to do that, please share how.

To start off with what I might know: I should use a POST processor, I should make a .ASP-file and place it together with the .HTML-file that needs it's E-mail-form and I should have a form that sorta looks like this: http://www.w3schools.com/asp/showasp.asp?filename=demo_reqquery2

I actually have a solvable problem, because I have made the .ASP-file and I have placed it in the right location, but whenever I press "Send" on my website - after filling out the needed information - the .ASP-file just pops up, and I can either "Save" or "Open" it. How do I solve that problem? How do I make so it just reads it, and execute it instead?

- Thanks so fare!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

www.aspin.com appears to be dead. Take a look here maybe you'll find something.

http://www.hotscripts.com/category/a...nts/guestbooks
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  9. No Profile Picture

www.aspin.com appears to be dead. Take a look here maybe you'll find something.

http://www.hotscripts.com/category/a...nts/guestbooks
    Thanks for the hotscripts.com website - that helped me out! But I still have the problem, that when I click the "Send"-button, it just opens up the ASP-script!

What do I do, to prevent that from happening, and make it so, it actually just executes the script instead? Please answer the question, Doug G!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

It sounds like asp is not enabled on your web server. Check with the server admin, in newer versions of IISS you have to explicitly enable classic asp.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    --Alfred Bester
  13. No Profile Picture

It sounds like asp is not enabled on your web server. Check with the server admin, in newer versions of IISS you have to explicitly enable classic asp.
    Thanks! That was exactly the kind of answer I was looking for! I'm using a HTML/CGI form now, which actually is giving out by the owners of the Web Server.

Thanks, Doug!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo