1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

ASP and iframe with PHP

OK, I received this code from a tech co. who is assisting my client. Basically, I have and ASP web site for the client. In a page on this web site there is an iframe. Within the "src" attribute for the iframe there is a request for a PHP variable. The site within the iframe is PHP.
    I think there is a syntax error as my color code highlighting in BBedit is not matching up.

Here is the code::
    Code:
    <iframe  frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="1100" width="760" overflow-x="hidden" overflow-y="scroll" src="http://sms.luceosolutions.com/recruit/advert_details.php?id="<?php echo
    $_REQUEST["id"]; ?>&idpartenaire=<?php echo $_REQUEST["partner_id"];" ?>></iframe>
    does anyone see the error? Or will this code not work in an ASP page?

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It won't work embedded in an asp page. The web server only uses one kind of server scripting per page, so since the asp interpreter is being used, it won't understand php tags. This is true even if you have php installed on the web server.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Thanks Doug G

Thanks for the response . . . I was worried t was with my syntax, but your response just confirms my initial worries.

Sincerely,
    -S

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo