1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Error with any ASP page using access database

Hello folks,

This below error suddenly came up for any pages on my server using a SQL\Access Database. No matter what I do, no matter what page it is, this seems to come up. I use both access and SQL databases. Can someone provide some idea as to how to get this issue resolved? If you need code, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Error:
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you google for the error message description you'll get a gazillion hits. There are quite a few possible reasons. If your sites were working and suddenly quit something probably was changed on the web server.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re :-

Are you using MS Visual FoxPro in conjunction with dBase database (as backend support) to create the a website for your college project? If yes, are you facing connection problems when accessing the ASP (Active Server Page) page? If still yes, then there are chances that the dBase file, .DBF, has damaged due to various reasons such as connection issues, virus infections, abrupt system shutdown, etc.

Thanks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo