1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Parsing Sharepoint rss characters

I have a rss feed generated from SharePoint that I am trying to parse into a classic ASP page, and have 2 issues using the code below
    Code:
    <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%>
    <%
    RSSURL = "http://sharepoint/_layouts/listfeed.aspx?List=%7B4ED19A5A%2D3247%2D4219%2D8B76%2DBB4AB43262DF%7D"

Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("WinHTTP.WinHTTPRequest.5.1")
    objHTTP.open "GET",RSSURL,false
    objHTTP.send

Response.Write(objHTTP.responseText)
    %>
    First Issue
    When I view the source of the page, in front of the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> I see the following Characters:

Second Issue
    There are characters in the rss feed such as that when written onto the page appear as ’.

These tests were done in Chrome but different characters appears in other browsers.

I have tried to include a meta charset at the top of the page and tried putting my ASP code within the body tags of the page but no of these resolved the issue.

I am assuming it is to do with the charset setting of the ASP page but not sure where I should tweak the code.

Any pointers
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a widely used technology for transmitting information across the Internet and intranets. If you're using Microsoft SharePoint, you can get RSS feeds delivered to your SharePoint site using Tim Heuer's RSS FeedReader Web Part.

it outsourcing

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo