1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

passing a variable to another server?

hello there,

its for a uni project and i need some help, my uni asp server doesnt support CDONTS and i cant get an automatic emal thing to work, but i have got a simple php one working on a different server (www.slinky-designs.co.uk)

now the user is entering their email address ( variable = "m_ail") in flash and passing it to a asp script to put it in a database, and i want to email out the user welcoming them to the list. I have been told i need to set up a poxy script to pass this variable over to a php script on the other server.

can anyone help me ? please!

Slinky
  3. Contributing User

Sounds like you need to add another (invisible) form to the Flash movie alongside the one that puts their details in your DB with asp, that will send the users e-mail address to the mail script on the server which will send the mail. So you call the script and pass the e-mail address in the GET or POST array, manipulate the e-mail address and then send the confirmaion e-mail to the user.

This is fairly simple so I may be missing something?

HTH.
    /* measure twice, cut once */
  5. No Profile Picture

see if it was justa name and not a variable, i could use

myform.asp?m_ail=me@me.com

and pass it to the php and get it from that

you get me, but i dont know how to do this cos it'll be different every time!
  7. Contributing User

Ok, you're creating a form in flash, then passing a var to an asp page in the querystring. Can you not add a form using javascript into the target asp page which will then submit the e-mail address to the php mailer script?
    /* measure twice, cut once */

IMN logo majestic logo spyfu logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo