1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PDF in ASP.. again

can the adobe FDF toolkit be used to dynamically create a several page report using data from a recordset in ASP?
    As far as i can see now, it is only useful for filling in form fields from user submitted data.

Another option we are exploring is using the activePDF tools to do this. Has anyone had any experience with these tools? any comments/opinions? Can it do what we asked above?

thanks

-Josh Stewart
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I emailed you regarding this, but I'll post here for the forum. don't know to much about FDF but i don't think that is what it is used for. And I'm not sure if you can even use it from asp. When i was looking around for a PDF solution, that never came up. Anyhow, activePDF can pretty do whatever you want, as long as you are willing to learn it and program a lot of the things yourself. How large are you recordsets? How many pages are we talking? If the recordsets are of a constant size then activePDf would be good, and you could develop something rather quickly to do it. check out the activePDf demo and documentation.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo