1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Subscription-Based Content Solution

New user here so excuse if this is in wrong subforum.

I'm creating a site which offers subscription-based content. Depending on which user is logged in, specific content will be pulled from an MSAccess database. If the user hasn't paid their subscription, no content will be shown.

Basically, users should fill out a registration form on my page, input their payment info, be charged, and then be directed to a page where they'll view/edit/update all information from their specific table in a database.

My issue with using Paypal's recurring billing API is that Paypal wants to supply their own password (I'd rather allow users to create their own username/password) and that I'd have no way to automatically shut off the service if the invoice is unpaid.

What's the easiest way to accomplish this? I'm open to prepackaged solutions, a new merchant account, or writing something myself. I'm an ASP newbie but have plenty of time on my hands...

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It sounds to me like you need to find your solution on the paypal side of things.

Maybe look at some applications that do paypal IPN and see how those apps coded the paypal interface. I don't use any paypal api myself, sorry.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo