January 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM
System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046
I feel like a moron. Please be gentle with me. I've volunteered to do this because nobody else would step up. But I need some serious help!
When trying to delete pictures from the images, my users are getting this error:
I've tried changing permissions and that didn't work. I had somebody give me instructions to change permissions a different way than I did but it made no sense to me. The only way I can connect to the server and get to the files is through FTP or through the ISP's site. However, on FTP it shows ALL files as having RWX permissions for all groups, which isn't true. So I'm not sure why that's wrong. But the only experience I've ever had with web design, we connected via Putty or via FTP. I've only changed permissions with these two options.
I GREATLY appreciate any help that anybody will offer. I'm new to this and require baby step instructions THANK YOU!!
January 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM
You need ti grant the FullTrust right to the remote share:
1. On the Web server, open Administrative Tools, and then double-click Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration.
2. Expand Runtime Security Policy, expand Machine, and then expand Code Groups.
3. Right-click All_Code, and then click New.
4. Select Create a new code group. Give your code group a relevant name, such as the name of the applications share. Click Next.
5. In the Choose the condition type for this code group list, select URL.
6. In the URL text box, type the path of the share in the following format (where computername is the name of the computer that is hosting the remote share, and sharename is the name of the share): file:////\\computername\sharename\*
7. Click Next. On the next page, select Use an existing permission set, and then select FullTrust.
8. Click Next, and then click Finish.
9. Restart Internet Information Services (IIS) to restart the ASP.NET worker process.