1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046

I feel like a moron. Please be gentle with me. I've volunteered to do this because nobody else would step up. But I need some serious help!

When trying to delete pictures from the images, my users are getting this error:

Server Error in '/jeep' Application.
    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046 (CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046 (CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED).]
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) +794
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +23
    jeep.FileManager.GoFile.FMDeleteFile(String myFile) in C:\Documents and Settings\Bluesky\VSWebCache\www.midwestjeepthing.com\jeep\Common\FileManagement.vb:28
    jeep.ManageImages.View(Object s, DataGridCommandEventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Bluesky\VSWebCache\www.midwestjeepthing.com\jeep\Member\ManageImages.aspx.vb:110
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnItemCommand(DataGridCommandEventArgs e) +110
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +68
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +26
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +100
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +26
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +120
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +115
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +138
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +2112
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +179
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
    I've tried changing permissions and that didn't work. I had somebody give me instructions to change permissions a different way than I did but it made no sense to me. The only way I can connect to the server and get to the files is through FTP or through the ISP's site. However, on FTP it shows ALL files as having RWX permissions for all groups, which isn't true. So I'm not sure why that's wrong. But the only experience I've ever had with web design, we connected via Putty or via FTP. I've only changed permissions with these two options.

I GREATLY appreciate any help that anybody will offer. I'm new to this and require baby step instructions THANK YOU!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi WJTwebmaster
    try this

You need ti grant the FullTrust right to the remote share:

1. On the Web server, open Administrative Tools, and then double-click Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration.
    2. Expand Runtime Security Policy, expand Machine, and then expand Code Groups.
    3. Right-click All_Code, and then click New.
    4. Select Create a new code group. Give your code group a relevant name, such as the name of the applications share. Click Next.
    5. In the Choose the condition type for this code group list, select URL.
    6. In the URL text box, type the path of the share in the following format (where computername is the name of the computer that is hosting the remote share, and sharename is the name of the share): file:////\\computername\sharename\*

7. Click Next. On the next page, select Use an existing permission set, and then select FullTrust.

8. Click Next, and then click Finish.
    9. Restart Internet Information Services (IIS) to restart the ASP.NET worker process.

www.reforma.com
    www.elnorte.com
    www.mural.com
    www.palabra.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo