1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question XStandard MD5 - having issues implementing

Hi all:

For the current project I'm working on, I need to dynamically generate MD5 checksums for hundreds of software images/firmware. I am stuck using ASP Classic for now, hence there is no built-in MD5 functionality.

When I test this code in any environment other than our production environment (the live site, residing on a Windows Server 2003 box), it works. But once on the live site, it fails to work, and I get an error. Here is an example of the code I'm working with:

Code:
    <%
    	Dim md5
    	Set md5 = Server.CreateObject("XStandard.MD5")

Response.Write(md5.getCheckSumFromFile("xmd5_test.asp"))
    %>
    which results in the error:

Code:
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/xmd5_test.asp, line 3

800401f3
    I am thinking it is perhaps a permission (security) issue of some sort that is preventing it from working. I've registered the DLL using regsvr32 and the file has the correct permissions in place for read/write/execute. I am not very seasoned in terms of Microsoft development, so I am hoping it is something obvious that I am overlooking.

I've searched a bit with respect to the ASP error, but I've not found anything specifically pertaining to the XStandard product that I'm attempting to use.

This is the XStandard MD5 Component's website:
    http://xstandard.com/en/documentation/xmd5/

Thanks for reading, all. Happy Friday!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It's possible that component isn't compatible with your server for some reason. You did install and register the component on your live server, not your workstation, right? (just checking )

There may be more error information in your web server logs, or the server event logs, take a look there if you haven't already.

Another guess, you may need to add the IIS user account, probably IUSR_computername, to the permissions list for the component.

I'm not familiar with that md5 component, sorry.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo