1. Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question ASP and Chilisoft(newbie)

I need some assistance understanding how to make ASP work in the following setup:

Website is on a RaQ4 webserver running Chilisoft v3.6.0, that is connected to an Access Db via the provided Sequelink ODBC driver. I have questions as to how the connection string to the DB is coded(I believe its a DSN connection) as well as I want to verify that any queries to the database, opening recordsets etc are not going to require different syntax than what I use normally.

Comments on this post

• JimmyGosling agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    Just a kid

I've been hearing about problems with Chilisoft ASP for Linux, or any operating system... It's been causing unstability in the web server(Apache, IIS, Whatever...)
    [ lavacube ]

My Personal Site[greyDistortion]

PHP version: 4.3.8
    MySQL version: 4.0.21
    Operating System (OS): SuSE Linux 9.1
    Apache version: 2.0.50
  5. No Profile Picture

I ran a raq4 for two years without any chilisoftASP problems. Nearly everything was identical in syntax and function to Microsoft ASP. The only problem you are likely to have based on your description of the situation is that Access will not run on Linux. You can, of course, keep Access on a Windows machine and just link to it but you cannot host Access on your Raq4.

Regards!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo