1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Action .asp from HTM

I'm trying to connect to a sql server to write a record , but am getting no results.
    See the attched file

Thanks
    Attached Files
  3. Digitally Challenged

try this

have you tried using an INSERT sql statement to put the items into the database?
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you for your reply.

Have you see the zip. attached file because I dont know how to use the insert SQL statment in the .asp file
  7. No Profile Picture

Thank you for reply

Have you see the zip. attached file because I dont know how to use the insert SQL statment in the .asp file
  9. Digitally Challenged

ok here is an sql insert statement

INSERT INTO [tablename] (columnname1, columnname2, columnname3, columnname4, columnname5) VALUES (value1, value2, value3, value4, value5)

now if you are using those request.form variables, it might look like this (its an abreviated version but you should get the idea)

sqlstatement = "INSERT INTO [tablename] (columnname1, columnname2) VALUES (" & request.form("value1") & ", " & request.form("value2") & ")"

the above works for numbers now lets do it with strings

sqlstatement = "INSERT INTO [tablename] (columnname1, columnname2) VALUES ('" & request.form("value1") & "', '" & request.form("value2") & "')"

the things that look like "' are a double quote " and then a single quote ' or vice versa, you can kind of see it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo