1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to record number of hits to asp server from client

Hi ,

Sorry , if i am posting it in the wrong thread. If yes please feel free to move it to relevant section.

i use a web product so it has a.aspx extension page When i click anything , it hits the server and gets the values or anything from database or whatever .

Can anybody suggest how can i record the number of times it hits the server just to get any value?

I will be doing that from anywhere on the web and server is hosted in another country.

Thanks

Regards,
    Umair
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi ,

Some one told me this can be done with a network sniffer , not sure if this post should be transfered to network section ?

I am unable to move it though

Regards,
    Umair
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You need something more than a page hit counter?
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by umair_ghias
    Hi ,

Sorry , if i am posting it in the wrong thread. If yes please feel free to move it to relevant section.

i use a web product so it has a.aspx extension page When i click anything , it hits the server and gets the values or anything from database or whatever .

Can anybody suggest how can i record the number of times it hits the server just to get any value?

I will be doing that from anywhere on the web and server is hosted in another country.

Thanks

Regards,
    Umair
    Are you doing the code behind yourself? If so, add some code that increments a counter in the database. If you're not writing the code, but instead using someone else's product... you'd need a network tool of some sort to do that.
  9. No Profile Picture

How to record number of hits to asp server from client

You require amazing more than a page hit counter?
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi,

the information you need is in the webserver log file. Can you get access to that or to the folder where its stored?

If you have access then you could write some server side code to extract the information you need from the log file.

regards

Ribs

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo