1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Classic ASP sites in IIS7 takes 2 minutes for first load!

HELP! I have a windows 2008 R2 server with IIS7. I have over 120 websites. All websites were working smooth till now but 2 days ago i faced a serious issue with loading times.

i have 35 websites written in Classic ASP. 25 of them have VERY slow loading times!! It takes about 2 minutes for the first load only. Then they run fast. I do not know what happened! I did not do anything to webserver and i did not install any update these days.

Suddenly i received complaints by my customers. The strange thing is that it happens ONLY to 20 websites and all other runs ok (asp.net sites, php sites, plain html sites and some classic asp sites).

What i have tried so far:
    - restart webserver several times
    - restart services several times (iis worker, iis service, application pools, sql server, dns server)
    - restart a single (problematic) website on IIS

I even tried to write a single .asp file with less programming on to it and place it to root of a problematic site. It took 2 minutes to run an asp file with no code at all!!

I think that it has to do with application pool gets stuck for some reason on loading some asp sites, but i cannot find the reason!

Event viewer reports nothing suspicious!

PLEASE HELP!!!
  3. No Profile Picture

if some sites are working ok then there must other factors coming into play, but this is beyond ASP.

you might try posting to a group specializing in IIS

Microsoft has one here:

forums. iis. net
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello,

I have already posted there...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My first guess is to look for something that's changed in DNS resolving from the web server. Next I'd look for some hardcoded IP or URL in the asp code somewhere.

Review what updates or changes were done to the server or network between when the sites were working correctly and now. Was any hardware or software updated or replaced on the server?

Beyond that you'll need to do some debugging in the asp code itself to see if you can identify what code is causing the slowdown.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi
  9. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

I had the same problem and the solution for me was to uninstall IE9 on my Windows 2008 box. There is a thread on the IIS forum that discusses this but as a newbie, I cannot post a link (kind of silly...haven't run into THAT before) - well, here is a pulled apart link...

forums. iis. net /p / 1172421 / 1959348 . aspx - just get rid of the spaces and you are good to go. Hope this helps!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Iis Vs Asp

Try the following:

1- Modify the "Idle Timeout" value within the application pool. By default it will shutdown the application if there are no requests for 20 minutes

2- If you are using ASP.NET 4.0 you can use the new Auto-Start behavior to keep the app "Always Running" you can see this blog post for examples on how to configure it.
  13. No Profile Picture

Did you ever get a solution?

I seem to be having a similar issue.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo