#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    41

    What is the best for search engine


    hello all

    please help me,

    i have a real estate website if you wann see it just click on Egypt Real Estate
    any way i have a good developer build it as ASP language and create new page as HTML so i was wondering if i ask him to make the new pages as PHP
    so what is the best for search engine HTML or PHP for the new pages and what is the different if you can tell me?

    Thanks a lot.
    i appreciate your help
    Last edited by yasminerr; April 4th, 2011 at 03:50 AM.
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,317
    Rep Power
    7170
    If the site is already written in ASP it doesn't make sense to switch to PHP midway through, especially if you already have a good ASP develop who knows the code.

    Whether you use PHP or ASP has no effect on search engines in any way. If you're talking about SEO, it doesn't matter because search engines don't care and can't actually discover what language the page uses. If you're talking about implementing a search engine, it doesn't matter either because the hard part of a search engine is done by the database engine not the programming language.
    PHP FAQ

    Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    41
    Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    If the site is already written in ASP it doesn't make sense to switch to PHP
    Please Note i am not going to switch the website to PHP but as you know for any new property it's Create in a new page so he make as HTML and he says HTML it's much better for SEO
    YOU SAID
    Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Whether you use PHP or ASP has no effect on search engines in any way. If you're talking about SEO, it doesn't matter because search engines don't care and can't actually discover what language the page uses. If you're talking about implementing a search engine, it doesn't matter either because the hard part of a search engine is done by the database engine not the programming language.

    Thanks a lot I appreciate your help.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    14,440
    Rep Power
    4539
    What does this question have to do with asp? Like php, asp code runs on the web server and sends html to the web browser (perhaps). SEO and such is dependent on the generated html, not the server code that creates the html.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    41
    Originally Posted by Doug G
    asp code runs on the web server and sends html to the web browser (perhaps). SEO and such is dependent on the generated html, not the server code that creates the html.
    so you try to say it doesn't matter if asp code runs on the web server and sends HTML OR PHP?
    it's all depend on the content in the page and the website.


    Thanks a lot.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    14,440
    Rep Power
    4539
    asp can't "send php". php code, like asp code, runs on the web server and generates html strings to send to the user workstation. Users, spiders and crawlers only see the generated html and have no way to know if a php, asp, jsp, perl, cgi or some other server programming environment created the html for the page.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    PHP is best. Because

    -->PHP is Open source.
    -->Loading fast
    -->Easy to learn
    --> lot's of framework available
    --> you can get almost code script from net.

    and many more...
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    delhi
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    It does nt matter that your website is in which language.....its better to make page through asp .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo