Thread: Shopping Cart

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Shopping Cart

I am hosting a website in prostores but i would like to do payment procedures on another site. the question is i don't know how to pass prostores information from one site to another for example the cart order id, the product id, and the total etc. what codes can i use to pull this information from my shopping cart into a new page?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Doing so will add unnecessary security risks, especially for your customers personal information. I'm trying to be helpful, why do you need to do this? But assuming for some reason, you have to do it this way, are your webpages in HTML, ASPX...? The customer/order database is on the "prostores.com" site, so are you expecting to pull info from that DB, send it to your other website to process the transaction, then send info back to the original webpage to log the transaction in the database? Prostores allows you to incorporate Paypal, etc. securely in your website, the more you pass this information, the less secure it is. Do you or will you be able to comply with credit card regulations(PCI DSS) on your other website? Is this other website hosted out of your residence or from an online web hosting company? I highly recommend using the options available to you through Prostores.com.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo