1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ASP Classic Emailing on Windows Server 2008

I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to send email on a Windows Server 2008 system with Outlook 2007.

I'm not very familiar with ASP but I know there is a free solution using CDO. I attempted to install the MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects found here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=1004 but I received an error that it can't install because outlook is installed.

Then I tried installing just the Collaboration Data Objects found here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3671 It installed but the ASP classic page still errors when creating a CDO object.

Any idea what I can do or another free solution to send emails? Thanks
    Last edited by bjb5027; February 12th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

CDO should be available by default without having to install any additional downloads, as far as I know.

If you need more help post your email code and the error you get. I don't know CDO but others here do.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks for the reply I was able to figure it out. I had the sendusing field set to 1 instead of 2. It was weird because these files are on about 15 Windows Server 2003 installations and don't have any problems. This was the first time I had to put them on a 2008 install.

Just to comment on what you said about CDO being available by default. I thought that would be the case too but Microsoft does not ship those files with a Windows Server 2008 installation. Those two links are the download links. One with MAPI and CDO the other just CDO.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

thanks for the update.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo