Thread: Advice required

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Advice required

Hello everyone, im Aditya ,a 1st year undergraduate student in computer science and engineering. I entered the world of programming recently and im liking it.Currently im learning C.I am interested in developing apps and after gaining some experience want to shift towards OS development.So people please can u guide me on which programming languages to learn so that im able to develop apps and i have heard of Microsoft Student Partner which is a very good program,so please advice me on this also like,which r the languages to be learnt for this and wat r the essential preparations to qualify for this program.And also can u name some web sites where i can get some good assignments related to C programming
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Knowing C/C++ is pretty critical for OS development. For native mobile apps you would use either object C (iOS) or Java (Android). For programs targeted only at Windows, C# is also popular. However, if I were you I would focus primarily on learning C and C++ first. Once you know them well, then branch off into other languages. Otherwise you're likely to confuse things between the languages when you're still learning the basics.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Knowing C/C++ is pretty critical for OS development. For native mobile apps you would use either object C (iOS) or Java (Android). For programs targeted only at Windows, C# is also popular. However, if I were you I would focus primarily on learning C and C++ first. Once you know them well, then branch off into other languages. Otherwise you're likely to confuse things between the languages when you're still learning the basics.
    thanks E-oreo ,please can u give me some advice on how to become a microsoft student partner program if you have any knowledge about it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo