1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Calling All Newbs!

Hello Everyone!

I am new to programming and excited to learn. They say that one learns faster in a group setting than on their own. I am experienced with C, Javascript and HTML. I am currently tackling C++ because I want to become a video game programmer, they say it is the industry standard. I am willing to learn ANY other programming language. My goal is to partner up with two or three or(if I'm lucky) several novices like myself to share experiences, code, suggestions, criticism and have fun with.

With recent experiences with other websites, the forum setting, while extremely helpful, is not helpful to new people looking to connect with others and "level-up" there programming skills alongside and maintain that connection. Yes, I can learn how to program alone, I've learned other subjects like this but I understand that programming is tough and will be beneficail for me and onyone else that is new to help each other out.

I hope that I am not stepping out of place here and I don't mean to anger or offend anyone, this is just a way for me to meet other newbs and code. If you feel the same way, give me a holler and lets code together.

-Dyzym
  3. No Profile Picture

Hey man,

I'm definitely interested in being programming buddies. I'm a complete noob however.

Just started messing around on codecademy in their javascript tutorials, and now I'm completely hooked; and want to attack learning more seriously.

I'd really appreciate having someone to ask questions on how/where to begin and bounce ideas off for programs.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DaP
    Hey man,

I'm definitely interested in being programming buddies. I'm a complete noob however.

Just started messing around on codecademy in their javascript tutorials, and now I'm completely hooked; and want to attack learning more seriously.

I'd really appreciate having someone to ask questions on how/where to begin and bounce ideas off for programs.
    Awesome!
    You'll notice that I've changed my name, had problems with my password. I actually need to sharpen up my javascript skills, haven't done javascript in about three years! That's ten in coding years. So, generally speaking, I think you and I are on the same boat with javascript friend. Codeacademy, I'll have to take a look at it. PM me to get better aquainted.
    -Dymzy
  7. No Profile Picture

interested

I'm a new programmer, but I'm interested in working on some group projects. I'm decent with HTML, CSS, jQuery and JavaScript. I can also work with Ruby, but I don't know anything about Rails.

I've been doing my own projects in Visual Studio, but I don't know anything more than basics for C#. C# is on my list of things to learn, but I haven't gotten there yet.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by slocodemonkey
    I'm a new programmer, but I'm interested in working on some group projects. I'm decent with HTML, CSS, jQuery and JavaScript. I can also work with Ruby, but I don't know anything about Rails.

I've been doing my own projects in Visual Studio, but I don't know anything more than basics for C#. C# is on my list of things to learn, but I haven't gotten there yet.
    Hey,

Since I put this post, I've been getting some work in on codeacademy and been improving my javascript. I'm still working with C and C++ on small projects, math formula problems and such. C# was also on my list but not sure where to begin, or better said, what I can do with it. Like I said in the beginning, I'd love to get as many languages under my belt as possible, while being productive in them, not just knowing them. So, slocodemonkey, if you want to work on Anything, I'm in, just let me know. I've also been going to sourceforge, freecode and github and familiarizing myself with the open source community.

Dyzym
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Dyzym
    Hey,

Since I put this post, I've been getting some work in on codeacademy and been improving my javascript. I'm still working with C and C++ on small projects, math formula problems and such. C# was also on my list but not sure where to begin, or better said, what I can do with it. Like I said in the beginning, I'd love to get as many languages under my belt as possible, while being productive in them, not just knowing them. So, slocodemonkey, if you want to work on Anything, I'm in, just let me know. I've also been going to sourceforge, freecode and github and familiarizing myself with the open source community.

Dyzym
    Hello Dyzym. I recently started working on Obj C, which is why I came to these forums, but would love to hop into some C++ with you. I have a pretty decent history of Python, Ladder, PHP, and C++ work under my belt from my job, but if I can help in any way, let me know. If you end up going C#, though, count me out...I'm a linux fanatic.

Waste

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo