Thread: Color generator

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Color generator

Hello everyone! I hope that somebody will help me ! Maybe somebody know how work one color generator what I have . These are generator- some generated colors in hex (#00231c,#231c0b,#1c0b18,#0b1800,#180008,#00080b,#080b0c,#0b0c12) and how it generate one by one these colors ( Please say some Ideas ) I tryed some one but no results! Later I want to make the same system for one my idea! Sorry for my english!
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You want to know how those color codes work?

Six digits (and letters) are for three pairs of numbers corresponding to red, green, and blue. Each one ranges from #00 (0) to #FF (255). Lower values mean less of the color and higher values mean more of the color; #000000 is black, #FFFFFF is white.

#123abc is #12 (18) red, #3a (58) green, #bc (188) blue. Since there is a lot more blue than red or green the color will be mostly blue.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    You want to know how those color codes work?

Six digits (and letters) are for three pairs of numbers corresponding to red, green, and blue. Each one ranges from #00 (0) to #FF (255). Lower values mean less of the color and higher values mean more of the color; #000000 is black, #FFFFFF is white.

#123abc is #12 (18) red, #3a (58) green, #bc (188) blue. Since there is a lot more blue than red or green the color will be mostly blue.
    thankyou for information! But maybe you know in what way computer generated these colors one by one, formula or some kind of algorithm!
  7. Did you steal it?

It's just a number. There is no "generation" to do. At most it's a bit of math.
  9. No Profile Picture

It's just a number. There is no "generation" to do. At most it's a bit of math.
    You dont understand me! You know there is application for random number generator for example you press button and it gives you random number and there is some application with color when you click for example button it show you one random color! Like this ! And I have one application with generate random colors and I want to know how this program generated these random colours what you can sea nextt!
    hex (#00231c,#231c0b,#1c0b18,#0b1800,#180008,#00080b,#080b0c,#0b0c12)
  11. Did you steal it?

It's random. That's how it picked those colors. Randomly.
  13. No Profile Picture

It's random. That's how it picked those colors. Randomly.
    Then can you explain this one more time but more detail and with my examples? Please!
  15. Did you steal it?

Explain what? I already told you how the numbers are formed, I already told you that your random color generator will generate colors randomly. What else is there?
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sjivle
    Then can you explain this one more time but more detail and with my examples? Please!
    Are you wanting to write a program that generates random numbers and then shows what color that is? That wouldn't be too hard.

There are three sets of two digit numbers. Now, each number can hold 16 values (which is why its called hexadecimal.) So you have 0-9, and then the letters A-F.

The first two numbers describe the amount of red in a color, the next two the amount of green, the last the amount of blue.

If you want to make a website that worked like "click this button and see a random color" then you'd need to write a little HTML, a little CSS and a bit of JavaScript. jQuery would make your life a little easier as well.

var myRandom=Math.floor(Math.random()*15)

That code would give you a number between 0 and 15.

But you'd have to do that six times.

for(i=0;i<6;i++) {}

whatever code you put between those two brackets would now run six times, which is called a loop.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. It's simple coding, but its still coding. If you want to learn how to do this, you should head over to Code Academy (www.codeacademy.com). You'll want to go through the courses on Web Fundamentals and JavaScript. And like I said, the one on jQuery would be beneficial as well.

Or... you could talk someone into writing the code for you. I think there's a part here on hiring programmers. I'd recommend learning it yourself though. Coding is one of the most in demand job skills there is, and that demand is going to keep going up in the foreseeable future.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo