Ok post deleted. I its obviously making too many people angry
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you actually calling that function?

Comments on this post

• npl disagrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

No, im not, the site Im using is.. Do you know the answer?
  7. No Profile Picture

Guess not then huh
  9. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Yeah, looks like his mind reading skills finally failed.

Let's see if I can figure out what you have to change to get the function working in your unknown code used in an unknown website written in an unknown language ... Damn! Those crystal balls never work!

Sorry. But I hope you'll finally find someone truly psychic -- or learn to ask questions and use the [ CODE ] tags.

Comments on this post

• npl disagrees
    Last edited by Jacques1; November 15th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Yeah, looks like his mind reading skills finally failed.

Let's see if I can figure out what you have to change to get the function working in your unknown code used in an unknown website written in an unknown language ... Damn! Those crystal balls never work!

Sorry. But I hope you'll finally find someone truly psychic -- or learn to ask questions.
    Er... the question is at the top! Read up!! Unknown code? What u on about this is a Python beginners forum!? If you cant be helpful then dont post at all.

Comments on this post

• MBirchmeier disagrees : That is a very good idea, and this post is not very helpful.
  13. --

Dear friend, I don't know where you've read the "Python", but it's not in the forum title. OK, now we at least know the language.

OK, is there something wrong with the function itself so that it won't work in Python 3.2? No. So maybe (just maybe) it's the surrounding code that causes the problem. And maybe (just maybe) we'll need it to solve your problem. But of course you can also keep bitching around all day long.

And please, learn to use the [ CODE ] tags.

Comments on this post

• npl disagrees
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Dear friend, I don't know where you've read the "Python", but it's not in the forum title. OK, now we at least know the language.

OK, is there something wrong with the function itself so that it won't work in Python 3.2? No. So maybe (just maybe) it's the surrounding code that causes the problem. And maybe (just maybe) we'll need it to solve your problem. But of course you can also keep bitching around all day long.

And please, learn to use the [ CODE ] tags.
    Oh my days, this is why people give up so easily when programming. I asked a simple question (not for me obviously otherwise I would of been able to answer it) on how to do this task but all I get is sarcasm. As you can probably tell, Ive NO experience what so ever with programming so I am finding the simplest of tasks quite difficult. The last thing I need is people like you thinking they are way too good to answer with a sensible answer. All you had to say was what language is this in. Maybe you need to take a lesson yourself on how to respond appropriately or if your not up for helping BEGINNERS then go somewhere else and pick faults with the experts.

p.s my code does have tags. Bitching over.
  17. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by npl
    Oh my days, this is why people give up so easily when programming. I asked a simple question (not for me obviously otherwise I would of been able to answer it) on how to do this task but all I get is sarcasm. As you can probably tell, Ive NO experience what so ever with programming so I am finding the simplest of tasks quite difficult. The last thing I need is people like you thinking they are way too good to answer with a sensible answer. All you had to say was what language is this in. Maybe you need to take a lesson yourself on how to respond appropriately or if your not up for helping BEGINNERS then go somewhere else and pick faults with the experts.

p.s my code does have tags. Bitching over.
    Imagine you're having trouble with your car. You're trying to put the key in the ignition but it's not turning. Turning to the internet you post. Here's a picture of my key, my car won't start. Can you help?

The first responder is asking is this the "Are you sure you have the right key for your car?" You turned around and said yup: "So what's wrong?"

The truth is it could be any number of things. Maybe the pins in your ignition broke. Maybe your steering column is locked. Maybe your engine is missing. Maybe your car is actually your front door and you keep locking and unlocking your house.

The onus is on you to provide more information, and provide us information as to what's going on. Maybe the environment you're in suppresses output. Maybe the output is being redirected. Maybe your functions not actually getting called the way you think.

Posting more (and relevant) information would be a great way to try to get your question answered.

-MBirchmeier

Comments on this post

• Lux Perpetua agrees
    • Jacques1 agrees : Well said.
  19. No Profile Picture

Ok mate, thanks for your concern
  21. No Profile Picture

Code:
    def tax(bill):
        bill *=1.08
        print(bill)
        return bill

tax(100) # edit to your personal needs
    I guess you just didn't call the function?

(so much fight over a bit off code O.o)

Yegers

PS but I need to agree that your question is misplaced and badly written... and offending people who try to help is not wise either!
  23. No Profile Picture

That was my point tho, they didn't try to help, maybe I did think this was a Python forum, anyway its only took this long to finally get a sensible answer. Thank you very much.
  25. No Profile Picture

I think you misread my comment, I said YOU offended the ones who tried to help you and put their time in it...

and, no problem ^^'
  27. No Profile Picture

Argh I seriously can't be arsed with this any more. I've learned a valuable lesson from all of this: if your a beginner don't use Dev shed!!
  29. --

Yeah. The problem is that you'll get the same reaction in any other forum and also in real life.

Look at the other threads, and you'll see that this has nothing to do with you being a beginner. If you're willing to learn and contribute to a solution, you'll get pretty much any help you need (at least in my experience). But if you just drop some random function and get snippy when asked for further information because you think you know better, well, then you might get less friendly reactions.

Comments on this post

• npl disagrees
    • Yegers agrees
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo