Thread: extended list

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

I am putting together a directory on my website which will list suppliers in various areas. I would like to set this up so that there are a consistent numbers of entries per page and if I add or delete an entry the whole list shuffles forward or back across the pages automatically so that I don't have to rearrange each page individually.

I'm sure this is a pretty basic script so if there is anything out there for free or to purchase for a small price that anyone knows about I would be grateful for their input. (It is my ambition to do some script writing of my own in the future but time does not yet allow!!)

thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Unauthorized User ;)

that would really be a simple script in PHP depending on details....gimme a little detail and i could probably throw you one together and post it real quick
  5. No Profile Picture

Extended list (Chris.tns)

Hi Chris - thanks for getting back to me. The general format would be entries as follows:

Title: XYZ Ltd (hypertext linked)
    Their Descr: manufacturer of wonderful things
    Comment: Bloody good service
    URL: http://xyzltd.com

There would probably be say a list of 150 companies divided into pages of 25 or so. It wouldn't be necessary to include the headers - I put them in so you can make sense of it.

The idea then is that I could set the list up and then insert a company into the number one slot or delete from tenth slot and the list would respond to the changes keeping the same number of entries per page.

If you can help me out on this one I would be very grateful.

Jon

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo