1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

I have a form with input fields that a user will fill in and then most likely want to print. When printing in Netscape (with the browser print button) the form prints but the input fields are blank! Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong???

Thanks in advance!
    kelly
  3. No Profile Picture
    Husker Geek

Netscape probably prints the html document that it has loaded, not what you see on the screen. So if the fields are blank to start with, they'll be blank when the user prints the page.

5. No Profile Picture

It doesn't make sense to me that I can see the values when I do a "view source" but they can't be printed?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Husker Geek

Alrighty then...

Can you post the html of the page and/or a link to it?
  9. No Profile Picture

Ok, here's snippet of it - it's huge so not posting the whole thing. Sorry this is so ugly

<td align="center" colspan="3">
    <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="580" bordercolor="#660099"><tr>
    <table border="1" width="100%">
    <tr><td bgcolor="#660099">
    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><strong>1. Your Account Registration</strong></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td bordercolor="#660099"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"> <tr><td><strong>
    <input type="text" name="txtSSN" size="11" maxlength="11" value="523252232"></strong></td></tr><tr>
    <td><font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">
    <em>Social Security Number</em>
    </font></td></tr></table> </td></tr><tr><td bordercolor="#660099">
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2">
    Investment In <strong>New Account</strong> </font>
    </td></tr>
    <tr><td bordercolor="#FFFFFF"><FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2">Initial Payment -&nbsp;<strong>via Automated Clearing House (ACH)</strong></font></td> </tr><tr> <td bordercolor="#660099"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="580"><tr><td>
    <input type="text" name="txtNameFirst" size="15" maxlength="35" value="sdljk"><input type="text" name="txtNameMI" size="1" maxlength="1" value="a">
    <input type="text" name="txtNameLast" size="20" maxlength="35" value="lkajsf</td></tr><tr><td>
    <font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica"> <em>First Owner's Name (First, MI, Last)</em></font></td>
    </tr>
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Chances are that you are missing (or have added) a table cell tag. Netscape's crappy parsing is a little bit overzealous when it comes to parsing tables.

I'll venture to say that it displays in IE or Opera? If so, then ensure that you have correct closures on all of your tables.

hope this helps,
    wj
  13. No Profile Picture

wj -
    I'm not having trouble with the display - it's displaying just fine. The trouble I'm having is with the browser's print function - the input fields print blank.
  15. No Profile Picture

write a cgi script

I sudgest you to write a simple CGI script whitch produces a text/html page from users input but without input fields.
    You know.. smth like "Preview" button.

Sonis

[Edited by Sonis on 03-08-2001 at 05:28 AM]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo