Thread: New to the Game

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New to the Game

Hey Guys,

I am currently looking to get into Web Development and Design. I have actually just signed up for some online courses HTML Introduction from a local college.

Im curious, how long do you think the setback is between taking the courses at an actual class compared to doing them online? This online class I signed up for says it takes 3 months for this 1 course.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Honestly i never took an HTML class and have been coding it for about 10 years. Went to school for it infrastructure security and took many programming classes however have learned much more on my own then i ever did in school
  5. No Profile Picture

but what company will hire for something like programming without a certificate or diploma?

you just bought a book?
  7. No Profile Picture

in my area there is a college and uni, mohawk college and Mcmaster uni... one has the web design/development with a diploma the other has a certificate (as far as i understand)... so these may not be necessary?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it all depends. I started my career as a freelancer working job to job on a contract basis. Most of these jobs dont care about formal education. However, now working for a company(still contract but long term) they required a 4 year degree in business administration(not computer science)
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't use W3Schools. I used to be a big supporter of this site but they are way out of take teaching old and deprecated commands/attributes

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo