1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello Community i hope to find some help here to recompile an old Program

i have tried in different german forums before but i cant seem to get any real help there
    since weeks i am trying to recompile an open source program
    sorry i cant post an urls here yet but i would be more then happy to send it per PM
    all i want to do is change a few words from german into english, in the chatlog.cpp

some is C++ i know, but that program was written in different codes and i think the most problems i have is in the Delphi stuff.

in the 'Trunk' folder i found a text file with componets wich were used :

Borland C++ Builder 6.0 incl Update #4

Moras Components
    included in source zip or cvs tree

SoftGems Windows XP Theme Manager

SoftGems VirtualTreeView

Indy Internet Components

Toolbar2000

Toolbar2000 mod TBX

Inno-Setup

since this program was written about 4 Years ago i belive that i need the exact same versions of components he used to recompile it.

so now i think have all programs he used but i still can not compile the unmodified Project file without errors
    it starts with TMICombobox not found (even i have toolbar2000 +TBX and Theme Manager and Virtual Treeview packages installed

before i start spamming the error messages i would like to know if there is any way i can see wich versions of the components he used because i am not sure that i have the right ones.
    and if there is even anyone here who would take a look at it and is willing to help me with this.
    I know it might be a lot of work but i am willing to do it if i just knew what i need to do to get this right

sincerly Monika
  3. Who set my Title?
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

It sounds like you are on windows. Just use a resource editor or a hex editor to change the strings... Much easier than trying to get it to recompile a project that has components from several languages.
    Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by LaughingBelly
    It sounds like you are on windows. Just use a resource editor or a hex editor to change the strings... Much easier than trying to get it to recompile a project that has components from several languages.
    thanks for your answer
    i tried this, but what i need to change is inside the sourcecode
    wich need to be changed are in the chatlog.cpp and can not be changed in resource editor.
    with hex editor i was able to change only one word cause it has the same amount of letters.
    the other words would have more letters when written in english so it doesnt work either

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo