Thread: help ME

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

help ME

c) A SEQUENTIAL file (called STOCK) contains details of products that a mail-order company sells.
    Another SEQUENTIAL file (called ORDERS) contains details of orders received. These orders need to be checked and verified against the STOCK file.
    The files contain the fields as shown below:
    STOCK FILE
    FIELD NAME DATA TYPE
    Product code String
    Product description String
    Quantity in stock Integer
    Reorder level Integer
    Reorder alert Character
    Price Floating point

ORDERS FILE
    FIELD NAME DATA TYPE
    Customer ID String
    Product code String
    Quantity ordered Integer

Write a program routine that will:
    • read a record from the orders file and try to match this against a product record
    • if a match is found:
    o write the order record to a new file VALID ORDERS
    • if no match is found:
    o write the record to a new file called ERRORS
    Finally, print the entire VALID ORDERS file
    Kindly email the answers at [removed] and use VISUAL BASIC 2010
    Last edited by ManiacDan; July 28th, 2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: removed teacher's email
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I removed your teacher's email from this post, since it's VERY inadvisable to post someone else's email address in public, especially if you're trying to cheat on homework for that person.

It's also against the rules to post homework questions on devshed at all, especially titled "help ME" and not indicating at all that you've made at least a basic attempt at doing this yourself. This thread is closed, and you should re-think your decision to take a programming class.

This assignment would take me about half an hour by the way, actually doing your work is the way you learn.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo