1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help With Apache Sever

I am completely new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have some knowledge about how Apache works as I've been doing some research, but as for programming knowledge I'm in the dark.

In the fall I'm going into my first year of university and I want to create a cloud type server that I don't have to pay for. I understand how to create the server, how to make it visible on the web, how to add files, and how to password those files. What I'm wondering is if there is any way for the files I create on my laptop to be saved to the server website and in turn appear on the original drive when I get back to my dorm. I'm also wondering if there is a way to enable write capabilities for the user on the website, or if apache automatically enables that for anyone that can be authenticated.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Out of the box it does not, however, with a module like the WebDAV module it could be done. I've never set it up before, so I can't give you many details beyond that.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo