1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which language to use in order to create an interactive google map like simulation

Hi, I've never tried programing before but determined to spend hours every day to learn even if it takes months or years in order to help my son get around in the city. He's very intelligent but has no sense of direction at all. He knows his Windows XP much more than most of the average pc users. I need to create a downtown map that he can walk around just like in a third person shooter game except he does not shoot or fight. Later on after I learn enough I'd like to add some buses and trains/trolly for him to ride. I have no idea which language to use. Please help me where to start. I've been using Linux(mostly Mandriva) for several years.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Wait...why do you need to make a computer program to do this? Why not just buy him an android phone? If you select walking navigation and plug in your headphones, the GPS lady tells you where to turn. Never get lost again!
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo