1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Best languague for Programming on OPen source Operating system mainly Linux

Hi, my name is Anthony and i doing a search to find opinions about which language is better for Linux development. or Open source Operating system.

My goals are to be programming for Linux Operating system , what i really want to know is doing security programming for Linux,.

My question is How much is linux kernel secure? I'm a newby at programming, but i would like to know at which % is linux kernel secure and which area of security does linux need to improve.

I'm asking so I can know where the needs,that's part of my dreams help in the future to secure systems.I'm afraid as you know security it's no only relate to systems , also the aplications that runs on the systems, including networks applications.

Please i will appreciate your advices, because there are many language and some are you for some task, ect, so need to know which language are better for system programming. thanks in advance .
  3. Come play with me!
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Now hold on a second. You want to know how secure the Linux kernel is so that you can go in and start improving it? But you don't know what language it's written in?

Comments on this post

• MauroEldritch agrees : Realistic.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Explainging My Question

I Know that Linux was written with C , C++ , ect . what I really want to know is another opinion from experienced programmers, to know if we need to use an specific language like C, or just a mix of language, for specific, task. I do not know the details in all process of a development of a system, I just want to know some general information ans also some details about the language used for system programming.
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you wish to modify a C program, you must do so in C. If you wish to edit an English manuscript, you must do so in English.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo