Thread: PC Tuneup

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PC Tuneup

I want to make a PC Tune up Program like AVG PC Tuneup.
    But I don't know how to and couldn't find any Tutorials or anything. Can anyone help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Not sure how to do that, but I would take on this task only if I had exceptionally good skills and knowledge of hardware and operating system(s). Part of this "tuning" involves tweaking Windows registry, which is technically easy to do, but if you get it wrong you might render OS useless. Maybe first thing to do is to learn how to create system restore point programmatically, then how to read/write win registry and get hardware information.
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I would suggest Visual Basic is not the right platform for such an endeavor. I'm moving to Beginner Programming for lack of a better place for this inquiry.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'm sorry to say but "get a master's degree in computer science" is step 1. Start small. PC tuneup programs (when they work at all) are expert-level stuff.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo