1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP and IIS on NT4

First off, this isn't my server I'm talking about, so while I know installing Apache is probably preferable, for various reasons I cannot do that in this case.

The server is running IIS on NT4.0 and I want to install the latest version of PHP on it. I can program fairly well (I guess) but I know next to nothing about hardware and software and filesystems, etc. I dont even have a webserver installed on my computer - I use the PHP on my webhost.

So I'm looking for some detailed instructions for installing PHP on IIS on NT4.0. And it might not actually be me following the instructions (school computer admin), so... (Im not sure what that has to do with anything, but...). Thanks a lot.

tom
  3. No Profile Picture
    Got source?
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

5. No Profile Picture

*is ashamed for not finding that first*

Thanks for the prompt reply. I (think) its IIS4, so should I use the CGI or ISAPI? I dont even know what those means, but ... which one and why?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Got source?

Either should work; specific instructions for IIS 4 are at http://www.php.net/manual/en/install...stall.iis.iis4
  9. No Profile Picture

Yeah, I followed those (for the CGI one) and everything seemed to go fine but its still not working. Im worried thet perhaps the .php file I made isnt in the correct directory. Does it matter where it is? Does it have anything to with 'localhost'? Or is there anything else that I could be missing? I dont get an error message or anything - its just that the php in the file doesnt parse. Any ideas, anyone? I know that IIS is kinda outdated, but there must be someone out there that uses it or knows how to use it, no?

Id really appreciate any help on this one. Thanks.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Got source?

Did you restart IIS after configuring it for PHP?
  13. No Profile Picture

I didnt click 'restart IIS' or anything - I went start>shut down>restart to restart Windows but Im not sure if that restarts the server or not - where do I get to be able to restart IIS?

And where should I put my test.php file so that it will work? Do I have to configure php or iis to work on the directory I want it to?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo