1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Poker advisor program customised by user

Hey guys,

Just wanted help with an idea of creating a program that takes user inputs like position, cards etc and outputs advice based on various variables.

The strategy would be the MSS strategy from poker strategy dot com (can't post link due to rules)

The charts that the program would be based are on the website as well (again can't post link due to rules).

This is not meant to be a bot that is automated. Its merely a reference tool that novices like myself can use to learn a strategy live.

The above is a brief overview of what is required. Many more things could be incorporated like the ability to add other strategies.

I am a total beginner at programming so I have no idea where to start!

Any help would be much appreciated.
  3. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by mcbgun
    I am a total beginner at programming so I have no idea where to start!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    The first questions would be, what programming language are you using. If you don't have any experience with a language (or just don't know which one to use) that's something that can be discussed here.

Independent of what language you chose the first thing I'd do as a beginner is draw an in depth flow chart of the program you want to make. It should be detailed enough that with pencil and paper you can run through possible scenarios and know exactly the result your program will give you. This will help you organize your thoughts visually, and in a way that will allow you to verify you know everything is correct. From there you can work on turning the flowchart into code.

-MBirchmeier

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo