1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Best Place to Post My Question

I'm just trying to compile a program from source and have hit my limits. It is written in fortran and C with dependencies on X11 for output. I've tried compiling it, but honestly all I care about is a working executable.

Should I ask for help in the "Other Programming Languages" forum or put it in the "Help Wanted" section?
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There's no instructions for this program? What are the errors?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture

There are, but unfortunately the code has been hashed together to the point it's not really clear, or at least to me. I realize I should add that I can compile it for Linux, just not Win32.

I'm trying to compile Xfoil 6.97 for Windows (A Google search will find it, since I can't post links)
  7. No Profile Picture

Cross-Compiling from Source for Win32

I've installed MinGW and XportMinGW in an attempt at cross-compiling, and while it will compile and run the console, it fails at opening a display window to plot the results. Ideally, I would like it compiled natively ala Verison 6.96.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo