1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

A little background about myself: I just finished my first year of computer science at UC Berkeley. I've done well in the three cs classes I've taken. I understood most of the topics covered, and I could code all of the projects. Also, I've programmed in my spare time (mainly small projects like Java Applets, and text-based mailing list) for my own amusement. But I see some people out developing larger and more useful web apps and other types of software. And yet, I can't see myself being able to program something that complicated. How are these people able to come up with these ideas, and actually implement them? I would appreciate any insights on this.

Thanks, Alan

------------------
    A man who smells like a pig, eats like a wolf.
  3. chown python:users\ /world
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I know that most programmers start programming out of necessity. Not because they just want to code, usually they need a program to complete a task for themselves and then they realize that others could use it. I know this holds true for myself and some others but I do not know about everyone...... I cannot imagine just coding to be coding.

------------------
    Hartmann

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo