1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Recommended php framework

Dear All

I want to learn about php programming with framework. Some one let me know that Codeigniter is good, but i got information from other friend that Codeigniter will not be continued because the developer has gone.

Some one let me know to learn Yii, and some other friend tell me to learn Laravel..

Any advice about this would be very appreciated.

Thanks for any kind help, sorry if my english is not good enough.

Best Regards
    Kholid
  3. Contributing User

I had a nice experience with CakePHP. As I understand from reviews it is the same "simple-level" as CodeIgniter but its ORM is more interesting. It is in active development now, I think.

I do not say it is the best PHP framework (I'm java developer myself and far from these matters - but I know that CakePHP and CodeIgniter are the simplest and perhaps worst frameworks) - anyway for beginner it looks a nice choice.

However, after writing two small sites with CakePHP I started to invent my own "simple and stupid" framework and wrote two more sites in it (among them my programming education site CodeAbbey). Could not tell whether it is very successful attempt, but it give me significant experience

Of course you can try at once more mature frameworks, like Symfony 2 or Yii. Perhaps second is bit easier to start.
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My company is in the middle of evaluating new PHP frameworks at the moment, so far Symfony is winning because it's the most robust.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mchoud
    Dear All

I want to learn about php programming with framework. Some one let me know that Codeigniter is good, but i got information from other friend that Codeigniter will not be continued because the developer has gone.

Some one let me know to learn Yii, and some other friend tell me to learn Laravel..

Any advice about this would be very appreciated.

Thanks for any kind help, sorry if my english is not good enough.

Best Regards
    Kholid
    Hi there,
    I am working as a lead developer in a software consulting firm in Toronto called datapro technology solutions.
    As a starter you should first learn core php and then Codeignitor which is the easiest of the frameworks.Yii and Zend might be little difficult for you to learn as you are a beginner.However you can try and learn Yii after learning corephp.Yii is defintely a great framework which is used for application development now a days.My advice to you is learn simple things initially and gradually switch to frameworks like Yii.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo