1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What role should I pursue?

I've been freelancing for a year now and feel my skills haven't improved all that much. I currently don't have any complex projects in the pipeline so now I really want to work in a team with a company to learn more.

Based on what I have in my portfolio, what position should/can I go for? If my portfolio isn't strong enough what do you suggest I do to improve it?
    Everything was designed and built by me. I have used a jQuery scrollbar script and a php validation script from the web but the rest is all me :-)

Portfolio link:

dummytest(dot)biz
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I really hope your not actually using that portfolio as a web developer. If it isn't bad enough that your using a free template, you still have the latin text placeholder.

However by the looks of it you are versed in the area of being a web developer(says the content of your portfolio; however, your portfolio itself says you don't know anything about web development)

Sorry to be harsh but really need to pay attention to these details man.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by portcitysoftwar
    I really hope your not actually using that portfolio as a web developer. If it isn't bad enough that your using a free template, you still have the latin text placeholder.

However by the looks of it you are versed in the area of being a web developer(says the content of your portfolio; however, your portfolio itself says you don't know anything about web development)

Sorry to be harsh but really need to pay attention to these details man.
    Actually EVERY bit of code on or linked in to this page is written from scratch solely by me. No templates etc. And no, I'm not using this as an actual portfolio just for this forum question. This is as the domain name suggests a dummy page. Hence the latin text placeholder which was put in by me.

'Based on what I have in my portfolio' ergo answer my question based on the websites I have built in the portfolio page. Thanks for the reply anyway.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Alright. sorry for the hostile response then i have just seen to many peopledo this before with stripping copyright data off a free template and leaving portions of place holders.

but if you are proficient in these languages then you should look for web development jobs but you will find that most of these are contract based and not employed positions, not saying employment in this field is not out their just not AS common.

I am a software engineer for a company and happen to use alot of PHP and HTML because we are transitioning to cloud computing and SAAS so you could always look for those positions as well

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo