1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Starting out with web development, where to begin?

Hi,

I have a year experience of C++, I know Procedural and Object-Oriented Programming.

I want to get into Web Development..Where should I begin??

also, I would like to get some recommendation regarding some good books, Consider, my C++ Experience, would it be better to start learning Language from Tutorials(Books like for Dummies, Head First etc) or References(O'Reilly In a nutshell series, pocket reference series)?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by panther12
    Hi,

I have a year experience of C++, I know Procedural and Object-Oriented Programming.

I want to get into Web Development..Where should I begin??

also, I would like to get some recommendation regarding some good books, Consider, my C++ Experience, would it be better to start learning Language from Tutorials(Books like for Dummies, Head First etc) or References(O'Reilly In a nutshell series, pocket reference series)?
    Did you have any particular languages in mind? I started programming in C++ myself and progressed into the web languages from there. I've noticed that books are helpful and not so helpful. Books will depend on your style of book really, and which you prefer to read through. I find the Peachpit Press books best for quick tutorials on languages such as HTML, Javascript, etc. I also use Code Academy as a refresher on the different web languages as well. Their tutorials might seem rather basic but they get the foundation out of the way so you can get coding pretty quickly. I also use references such as W3Schools and Tutorials Point which are helpful for getting quick information on a particular topic.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo