1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problems of using an unpopular programmng language for web?

I am a C/C++ fan(or fanatic) and I think about web developing using them.There are some web frameworks for C++ like Wt,Treefrog,CppCms,C++ Server Pages.But unfortunately,seems like they are not popular.

I think about using C++ with Cgi,but this is not looking a popular way too.I think about writing Apache modules in C,but I have doubts about it's popularity.

The problems with being not so popular are:

1-Finding tutorials on web is not possible or there are very few.
    2-Let's say that I create a web site using one of them,then I want to sell my website.The problem I see is,it seems like not possible to sell the website because the person who will buy the website will have to have web programmers who know developing with the unpopular C++ framework,unpopular C++ cgi.or unpopular Apache mods in C(I am not sure if it's really unpopular).
    3-If one day I decide to create a large website and want to have a group of web programmers to develop further,it would be unlikely to find web programmers who know these unpopular frameworks,cgi,apache c mods.

If there are errors in my thoughts please correct me,or if you have a good solution tell me.But please don't recommend me other programming/scripting languages.Also,is writing Apache modules in C really not popular?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Awareness
    If there are errors in my thoughts please correct me,or if you have a good solution tell me.But please don't recommend me other programming/scripting languages.
    OK. So go and program in C then. Problem solved.

But seriously... There's nothing wrong with what you want to do. If that's what you know and you want to use it, then go and do it. If someone wants to buy the site later on they're more likely looking for the IP and not the actual code that you're using to do it.

Originally Posted by Awareness
    Also,is writing Apache modules in C really not popular?
    Didn't you answer that yourself in your original post? If you've already done your searches and not found much about it then that's going to answer that question as well.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks for your answer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo