1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm heading a website project for my first time. We recently have had interest from a client to build them a website from the ground up. The website includes: design, graphics, java scripting, php, sql databasing, and sound intergration. Since this is my first time, I don't know exactly what to charge. What is a good median price to charge them for a site of this kind? Any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

If you have project management and tendering experience ignore the two next paragraphs.

Have you got a full specification yet?
    If not get one and write a full document as to what you are going to supply.

Base your quote on this, if any changes to the spec occurr you are the able to renegotiate more money for the extra work. You never want to get in a position of being asked on the fly can you add this page or add this table..

How much money do you need/want/already get a day?

How many days do you think this project will take?

Double the amount of days you originally thought of add 10% and this won't be far off how long it will take you for a first project.

The maximum cost figure is obviously daily rate * estimated days.

With a first project like this you can't necessarily charge the full development time as the next project will be twice as quick through code reuse and previous experience.

As far as rates go I work in a corporate enviroment and (UK) rates vary from 25gbp - 75gbp(java certifacated developer) per hour.

Pitch your rate to the size of company you are doing the work for and what they hope to get out of the web site? If there turnover is going to increased by millions per year they will be looking at a major investment for that sort of return.

Andy J

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo